St. Aloysius Cemetery

St. Aloysius is blessed to have two cemeteries. The oldest dates back to the 18th century and is located on the grounds of our 1766 church. The newer cemetery was established after the church moved to its present location on Washington Street. This cemetery, with plots still available, is located on Fenwick Street in Leonardtown.

Because Catholic cemeteries are consecrated to God, the earth is set apart and designated by the Church for use as a burial plot. On this sacred ground, the Lord will provide consolation in your bereavement, as well as peaceful rest for those that sleep in the hope of eternal life.

Both parish cemeteries are managed by Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Washington with the local office located at St. Mary Queen of Peace Cemetery in Helen, MD. The managers of the Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Washington stand ready to offer guidance in the “Catholic way” of funeral planning and burial.

For information regarding burial at our parish cemeteries, please contact Mr. John Spalding at

St. Mary Queen of Peace Cemetery
38888 Dr. Johnson Road, P.O. Box 497
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
(301) 475-5005
(301) 932-1766